Five Unconventional Ways to Save Money This Year
Looking for unconventional ways to save money in 2022? Saving money to balance out your finances can be extremely challenging and daunting if you don’t have a plan. We all reside within diverse income ranges, which means we’re all dealing with different problems when it comes to our finances. The last thing we’re thinking about it creative and unconventional ways to save money.
And somewhere along the line, we’ve had our fair share of financial advice from banks, friends, and family members, but for some of us, this advice may not be tailored to our specific needs.
We’ve crafted a list of some creative, easy, and unconventional ways save money and reduce your expenses. Many of these unconventional saving methods may already be in use or at the back of your mind. Let’s be honest, navigating our finances isn’t always the easiest thing to do, which is why a one-size-fits-all approach does not always work.
Here are five ways to keep track of your finances
- Get back to basics. Saving your money in envelopes or a piggy bank needs discipline but it can be beneficial when your bank accounts have run dry.
- Unsubscribe from apps or services that keep debiting your account but no longer have a use. You’d be surprised how much you could save from cancelling redundant monthly subscription fees. This is easily done if you spend time looking at your bank statement each month.
- Investing is not just for people with money. Making use of your bank’s online investing option or opening a money market account is a great way to invest money.
- Keep it old school and join a stokvel or community savings club. These help you avoid having more month at the end of your money.
- Make a list and stick to it. Going to the store without a list can lead you to temptations as you shop through the aisles.
If you apply these tips, you may find more cash in your accounts at the end of the month.